contact me.

comments? questions or concerns? email me!


thisgirlisadreamer@yahoo.com


dreamer.

alexandria.

our lives begin to end the day we're silent about things that matter.
-Dr. MLK

Soulfood.


Thursday, December 18, 2008

the broken economy or just flat out discrimination???

It's one thing to say that the economy today is in a place reminiscent of the great depression and that it is hurting us all, but it's another to say that because of that "situation" you will not be paid what you desserve no matter how hard you work. At this point I don't know what's worse, not having a job or having one where they always give you excuses so that you won't move up no matter how hard you work. It may not be deliberately stated to you, but the patterns in everyday work life crystalize the fact that who you are, where you come from, the way you look, the color of your skin, and your status has a lot to do with your position in the work ladder. All I can say is that no matter how much it bothers me (or you), that will not cause me to ever doubt myself or give up on my dreams...one day, my hard work will be rewarded...

1 comments:

El Random Hero said...

sometimes that's the only thing that keeps me going, that one day my hard work and that of otehr's will pay off.

Post a Comment

Blogger Template | Make Money From Blog